Date(s) - 11/09/2019
9:00 am - 12:00 pm iCal
First Baptist Church
When: November 9 – Check-in from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. – Races start at 10 a.m.
Where: First Baptist Church, 321 W Illinois Ave., Vinita, OK
Contact: Rachel Delcour at 918-244-4133 or VinitaPack66@gmail.com
Scouts will need to build their own seaworthy boats prior to the event and come ready to race. We are encouraging all Scouts to build a Patriotic Themed boat in honor of Veteran’s Day.
We will have races for the Cub Scout Dens, as well as Kids Open and Adults Open races. If a Scout wants to race in both the Den Race and Kids Open race, they need to bring two different boats.
Boats must be ONLY Wind Powered (straw will be provided) with the following size guidelines to ensure the boats fit in the track:
- Length of Boat: 6 to 7 inches;
- Hull Width: 3.5 inches;
- Height of Mast: 7 inches Max;
- Depth (below water): 1.5 inches;
- Sail: Bottom edge of sail needs to be at least 0.5 inches above Mast to avoid it hitting the sides.
- Decorations are encouraged, but please do not use Water-Based Markers and Paints which will bleed into the water.
Scouts can buy the boat kit or build a boat from their own materials. Remember a Scout is Thrifty.
Judge’s Choice Awards will be given based on decoration.
Concessions will be available.